Animal science is the study of animal’s biology. There are many departments under the study of animal science. They are as under animal reproduction and genetics, nutrition, physiology, microbiology, growth, performance, and administration. Specialized studying in animal science prepares students for career opportunities.
Animal scientist can be of various types-
• Marine Biology -It is the scientific Study of Ocean animals. It focuses on animals like Dolphins, Wales, Intertidal, shore, Octopuses etc. A Marine scientist is one who works in learning, examining, caring marine organisms.
• Ethnology– AN ethnologist focuses on the structure, culture, function, actions and development of animals. The goals of Ethnology is rebuilding of human history, formulation of cultural invariants and formulation of generalizations about human nature.
• Entomology-This is the scientific study of insects like Bees, Mosquitoes, Dragonflies, Black bugs and so on. Entomology includes several topics morphology, nutrition, biomechanics, physiology, systematic, robotics, and molecular genetics etc.
• Herpetology-This study based on reptiles and amphibians like frogs, crocodile, turtle etc and so on. It is based on poikilothermic and ectodermictetra pods.
• Ichthyology- An Ichthyologist studies about fishes. They study about various categories of fishes like skeletal fish, cartilaginous fish, jawless fish, mammals, amphibians, reptiles and birds etc.
• Malacology-It is that branch of animal science that deals with the Mollusks. Mollusks include snails, slugs, octopus, squid and clams etc. Malacological study includes taxonomy, ecology and evolution.